We Are Hiring
Oneonta - Full-Time,Day - St Vincent's Blount - Oneonta,AL
NP or PA with Family Medicine experience needed for rural practice in Oneonta, AL. Partner with us to manage the overall care of your patients. Be part of a team of primary care providers committed to helping patients on their wellness journey
Why Join Ascension?
Benefits of Working for Ascension Medical Group
- Experience working with seasoned, compassionate primary care physicians
- Well-equipped clinic
- Practice established 40 years ago
- Greater earning potential
- Front loaded PTO
- Medical malpractice insurance
- Excellent Benefits package
- Retirement plan with employer match
- Paid CME allowance
- Paid licenses and permits
- Appreciative patients
- Outdoor recreation & excellent culture
- Live music, performing arts & many dining options
- Beautiful state parks & water recreation
- Wonderful school systems and major universities
A member of the Ascension family, the largest not-for-profit health system in the nation, St. Vincent’s is grounded in a 100-plus-yer tradition of care for generations of families.
What You Will Do
As an Associate with St. Vincent's Health System-AL, you will have the opportunity to work:
In collaboration with a physician, provides for the expansion of individualized primary healthcare services by diagnosing and treating certain acute or chronic health conditions.
- Obtains patient history and performs assessment via observation, interview and examination. Orders, performs and interprets diagnostic studies. Performs preventative health assessments, screening, immunizations and patient care.
- Provides direct treatment and management of health conditions via prescriptive authority or referral to other healthcare providers or community resources.
- Counsels and educates patients and their families/caregivers concerning preventative health, treatment options and community resources.
- Documents delivery of health care and nursing processes in accordance with specific specialty area standards and network nursing policy.
St. Vincent’s Primary Care - Oneonta
- Full time
- Busy practice with 2 physicians and 2 APPs
- Same day or next-day appointments with online scheduling
- 8 – 5 daily except Wednesday, work until 7 p.m.
- One Saturday per month
- Look forward to working independently with your own patients as well as managing transitional care of previously hospitalized patients
- Use Hospitalist
- Phone call only
- Athena – electronic medical record
- Work as an integrated team of providers
- Work on campus of St. Vincent’s Blount, critical access hospital
- Accredited Rural Health Clinic
What You Will Need
- Required Credential(s):
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained within 1 Month (30 days) of hire date or job transfer date.
- Certified Advanced Practice Advanced Practice Nurse Practitioner credentialed from the Alabama Board of Nursing obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date or
- Board certified Physician's Assistant
- Licensed in the State of Alabama or willingness to obtain license
- Preferred Credential(s):
- Drug Enforcement Admin credentialed from the Drug Enforcement Administration.
- Master's degree of Nursing required or Physicain Assistant
- At least 2 years' experience in Family Medicine
- Spanish helpful, but not required
Equal Employment Opportunity
As an equal opportunity employer, St. Vincent's and all its ministries comply with all applicable employment laws and regulations. In order to provide equal employment opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at St. Vincent's and all its ministries based on merit, qualifications and abilities.
Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, national origin, age or any other characteristic protected by law.
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
St. Vincent's participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-verify link below for more information.
E-Verify (link to E-verify site)