Job ID: 374471
Lead Hospitalist-Ascension St. Vincent North Region
Location: Carmel, IN, United States
Date Posted: Jan 17, 2020
We Are Hiring
Physician Lead, Hospitalist Service - Ascension St Vincent North Region
Responsible for management and oversight of hospitalist program and physicians covering hospitalist service at the following Ministries: Ascension St. Vincent Carmel, Ascension St. Vincent Fishers and Ascension St. Vincent Anderson.
Ensure physician and advanced practice provider alignment with Ascension St. Vincent Mission, Vision and Values. Achieve and maintain a superior, patient-centered regional hospitalist program that consistently meets the quadruple aim with every patient encounter.
Qualifications: Doctor of Medicine or Doctor of Osteopathy with 3-5 years of hospitalist experience and one year of leadership experience.
Specific goals and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Develop regional approach to hospitalist medicine leveraging physicians across three PPS ministries in the North Region
- Develop resource pool of physician hospitalists to reduce and/or eliminate need for external Locum Tenens physicians throughout Ascension St. Vincent
- Optimize utilization of Advanced Practice Providers in pursuit of the quadruple aim
- Launch, growth and maintenance of the Accountable Care Unit model at all three Ministry hospitalist service
- Provide clinical leadership to hospitalists
- Achieve and maintain negative excess days on average (or LOS targets) per encounter
- Creation of monthly dashboards to reflect pertinent financial and quality metrics for dissemination to hospital executive leadership
- Decrease clinical variation and spread standardization to raise quality and reduce cost
- Support surgical and medical subspecialists to grow hospitalist program, raise quality standards and improve efficiencies
- Create and maintain relationship with outpatient physicians
- Foster collaboration with nursing in pursuit of the quadruple aim
- Foster collaboration with the entire medical staff of every ministry
- Ensure professional development of all hospitalist providers
- Modification of hospitalist incentive compensation model to align hospitalist goals with hospital and system goals
- Ensure hospitalist program compliance with Joint Commission and other regulatory agencies
- Develop and maintain a hospitalist physician and APP recruiting and staffing plan
Reporting Structure: Reports directly to Regional Chief Medical Officer of the North Region.