We Are Hiring
We are hiring: Are you a Physician Assistant looking to improve or gain new skill-sets in Orthopedic-Surgery
If so, join our amazing team at Saint Agnes Hospital in Baltimore! #PhysicianAssistant #DreamJob
For more than 150 years, Saint Agnes Hospital, part of Ascension, has been dedicated to the art of healing by providing exceptional care to the greater Baltimore area. Built on a strong foundation of excellent medical care and compassion, Saint Agnes and the physicians who practice here are committed to providing the best care for our patients for many years to come.
- Dayshift, optional call and rotating holidays. 24/7, 365 days PA team.
- 40 hours per week with night, weekend, and holiday differentials.
Why Join Ascension?
Saint Agnes Healthcare serves the greater Baltimore area and employs more than 3,000 associates. Saint Agnes offers a full range of services through its operation of a 254-bed, full-service teaching hospital, Saint Agnes Medical Group, Seton Imaging Center, and Saint Agnes Foundation. Partnerships throughout the community have positioned Saint Agnes to provide support to individuals when and where they need it most. Saint Agnes strives to ensure the vitality and health of the community.
Saint Agnes Healthcare is part of Ascension, a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, especially those most in need. In FY2018, Ascension provided nearly $2 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs.
What You Will Do
This postiion will include inpatient orthopedic surgery coverage.
- As an Associate with St. Agnes Healthcare-MD, you will have the opportunity to provide direct diagnostic, therapeutic, and preventive health care services under the supervision of a physician.
- Responsibilities include daily rounds, inpatient floor coverage, emergency room consults and procedures (splinting, reductions), assisting in the operating room.
- Obtains patient history and performs assessment. Orders, performs and interprets diagnostic procedures.
- Provides and documents direct treatment and management of health conditions.
- Provides counseling and education of patients and their families/caregivers concerning preventative health, treatment options and community resources.
- Performs preventative health assessments, screening, immunizations and care.
What You Will Need
- Required Credential(s):
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date. Verified by local Credentialing Office
- Physician Assistant credentialed from the Maryland Board of Physicians obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date. Verified by local Credentialing Office
- Preferred Credential(s):
- Advanced Life Support credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA). Verified by local Credentialing Office
- Orthopedic Physician Assistant. Verified by local Credentialing Office
- Graduate of accredited Physician Assistant program Master's degree preferred
- 1 year of experience preferred.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
As an equal opportunity employer, Saint Agnes Hospital does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, religion, age, mental or physical disability, marital status, veterans status, military service, or any other legally protected status.
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.