We Are Hiring
Cardiovascular Care Night Shift Nurse Practitioner/Physician Assistant
Ascension St. Mary’s is seeking a night shift advanced practice practitioner to join our cardiovascular care team. In collaboration with the on-call physician, prepares and records patient history, develops and implements a plan of care, participates in daily rounds on assigned patients and new consults along with documentation of the pertinent symptoms, findings, diagnoses and care plans. Utilizes Sunrise and EPIC EHR for order entry and documentation.
- All nights. 7pm-7am
- Full time, 12-hour shifts
- Some weekend and holidays
Why Join Ascension?
When you join Ascension and Ascension Medical Group, you are entering a community where physician engagement and experience is recognized as a key driver of delivering excellent patient care.
Your practice will be supported by a robust practice management platform, proven administrative and revenue cycle management services and some of the most current and clinician-friendly EHRs on the market.
Physicians and Advanced Practice Providers benefit from significant professional opportunities, career advancement, training and competitive wages.
What You Will Do
Duties / Responsibilities:
- Coordinates and performs patient assessments, H & P's, necessary testing, follow-up care, consults and discharge planning.
- Performs and dictates complete medical history and physical examinations on all assigned patients and new consults.
- Prepares and documents discharge summaries and participates in medication reconciliation and discharge planning.
- Prepares and initiates pre and post-operative orders in consultation with the On-Call cardiologist.
- Participates in daily rounds on all patients.
- Assess and analyzes data trends i.e.: LOS, current research and national benchmarks to determine opportunities for clinical improvement.
- Assumes responsibility for professional growth by attending continuing education conferences, procedure and device in services and unit educational offerings.
- Promotes and maintains a professional relationship with physicians, patients, family members, and other staff members.
What You Will Need
Minimum Education, Licensure / Certification and Experience Required.
- Graduate of an accredited school of Physician Assistant/MSN program or other Master of Science degree in a health-related field including six (6) to twelve (12) months of clinical internship.
- Graduate of an accredited Nurse Practitioner program with a minimum of a Master of Science in Nursing, including six (6) to twelve (12) months of clinical internship.
B. Licensure / Certification:
- Must hold minimum licensure and in "good standing" in one of the following in the State of Michigan:
- Physician Assistant or Nurse Practitioner
- If Physician Assistant, must hold certification from the National Commission of Certification.
- Current Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) certification.
C. Special Skill / Aptitudes:
- Excellent customer service orientation skills necessary in order to deal effectively with various levels of hospital personnel, outside customers.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to effectively communicate with patients, family members and the healthcare team.
- Has the ability to utilize computers and work effectively with the Electronic Health Record.
- Ability to work independently. Demonstrates initiative and motivation.
- Experience caring for cardiovascular patients (ICU, CCU, Cath Lab, Telemetry).
- Ability to work independently and perform effectively in stressful and/or emergent situations.
- Analytical ability to monitor data, develop treatment plans and prescribe medication.
Equal Employment Opportunity
SMOM/SJHS provide Equal Employment Opportunities (EEO) to all associates and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, any other legally protected status or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. SMOM/SJHS complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.