We Are Hiring
Physician - Carriage Park Unassigned - Full-Time, Day - VC Clinic 818 Carriage Park - Wichita, KS
Why Join Ascension?
Ascension Via Christi has a rich history of serving the people of Kansas and the surrounding region, which dates back more than 125 years to the healing ministries of our founding congregations. Today, our integrated health system – with hospitals, physician clinics, therapy centers and other health services – is the largest healthcare provider in Kansas.
Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, especially to those most in need. In FY2018, Ascension provided nearly $2 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs.
What You Will Do
As Physician with Ascension Via Christi, you will have the opportunity to provide medical services to patients in an assigned area.
- Evaluates and treats patients with appropriate medical diagnostic and treatment skills. Coordinates discharge planning with case management.
- Recommends, participates in, and works to ensure the success of efforts to improve cost effectiveness and quality of care provided to patients.
- Accepts patient referrals from other physicians. Acts as admitting, attending and/or consulting physician for patients who require hospitalization for primary medical diagnoses, depending on needs of patients, medical staff and hospital.
- Participates in academic programs (e.g. medical education and research) as requested.
- Provides appropriate documentation that meets insurance company requirements; appeal all denials in a timely manner.
- Participates in inpatient and outpatient consultation for specialty, which may include on call schedules.
- Employed opportunity within a physician group of over 200 providers representing more than 40 specialties.
- Busy, established practice with opportunity to do procedures and sub-specialize.
- Highly competitive and comprehensive guaranteed salary with production incentives and benefits package.
- Academic opportunities through affiliation with the University of Kansas School of Medicine-Wichita.
- Family-friendly metropolitan area of approximately 500,000.
- #1 Best Place to Live the Good Life Cheaply by Forbes.com.
- Low cost of living, excellent amenities including a new airport, award-winning schools, affordable housing and a diverse economic base.
- Lively downtown district with one of a kind restaurants and shops.
- Home to four university campuses including the University of Kansas School of Medicine and Wichita State University.
What You Will Need
- Required Credential(s):
- Physician MD/DO credentialed from the Kansas Board of Healing Arts obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date. Requirement will be tracked by local Medical Staff office.
- Board Eligbile or Board Certified by the American Board of Pediatric by hire date or job transfer date.
- Doctor of Medicine (MD) or Doctor of Osteopathy (DO).
Equal Employment Opportunity
Via Christi Health is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action employer. Applicants receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data, or other legally protected status.
Please see the link below for more information.
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.