We Are Hiring
Physician Assistant or APRN - Academic Adult Psych - Full-Time, Day - Medical Park Tower - Austin,TX
Why Join Ascension?
When you join Ascension and Ascension Medical Group, you are entering a partnership where physician engagement and experience is recognized as a key driver of delivering excellent patient care.
Your practice will be supported by a robust practice management platform, proven administrative and revenue cycle management services and some of the most current and physician-friendly EHRs on the market.
Physicians benefit from significant professional opportunities, career advancement, training and competitive wages.
What You Will Do
As a Physician Assitant or APRN with Seton Family of Hospitals - TX, you will have the opportunity to work in an outpatient-based setting in the Round Rock Care Clinic. You must possess the ability to work independently/autonomously and interdependently with other health care professionals. You must have extensive patient assessment skills using diagnostic methods and instruments and possess ability to develop appropriate plan of care, modifying as indicated. You must possess effective communication skills and interpersonal skills with patients, families and members of health care team.
- Obtains patient history and performs assessment. Orders, performs and interprets diagnostic procedures
- Provides and documents direct treatment and management of health conditions
- Provides counseling and education of patients and their families/caregivers concerning preventative health, treatment options and community resources
- Performs preventative health assessments, screening, immunizations and care
- Join a behavioral health team with Seton Mind Institute psychiatry
- Conduct psychosocial assessments, make diagnoses, and provide treatment to individuals with psychiatric problems
- Work with patient's family by advising them on mental health care and lifestyle choices
- Provides a full range of primary mental health care services to individuals, families, groups and communities
- Prescribes and manages medication when medically necessary
What You Will Need
- Required Credential(s):
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained within 3 Months (90 days) of hire date or job transfer date.
- Licensed Physician Assistant credentialed from the Texas Medical Board .
- Certified Physician Assistant credentialed from the National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants (NCCPA)
- Texas Registered Nurse (RN) and Nurse Practitioner (NP) license
- Certification as a Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner
- Current DEA certification or eligibility is required. Basic Life Support (BLS) certification
- Preferred Credential(s):
- Advanced Life Support credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA).
- Masters or doctoral prepared graduates of an accredited school of nursing and nurse practitioner program in psychiatric mental health
- Graduate of accredited Physician Assistant program, Master's degree preferred
- 1-2 years experience preferred
Equal Employment Opportunity
Seton Healthcare Family is an equal employment opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and complies with all applicable federal, state and local equal employment regulations and laws. It is the policy of the Seton Healthcare Family to afford equal employment opportunities to all employees and prospective employees without regard to their race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, citizenship status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic or status that is protected by federal, state, or local laws. This policy applies to all personnel actions, such as hiring, promotion, transfer, demotion, termination, layoff and all other conditions and privileges of employment in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.
Affirmative Action goes beyond the concept of equal employment opportunity. Affirmative Action policies and programs are required to overcome the present effects of past discrimination and to achieve equal employment opportunity for members of groups that are or have been formerly under-represented. Affirmative Action policies and programs are tools whereby additional efforts are made to recruit, employ and promote qualified members of formerly excluded groups, even if that exclusion cannot be traced to particular discriminatory actions. Through specific and result-oriented activities, Seton Healthcare Family’s goals are to ensure that every person is given full consideration through equal employment opportunity policies and practices and to achieve a representative workforce through its affirmative action efforts.
It is further the policy of the Seton Healthcare Family to encourage vendors, contractors, affiliate institutions and others doing business with the Seton Healthcare Family to observe the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action.
Seton Healthcare Family is an EEO/AA employer: M/F/Disabled/Vet.
For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the “EEO is the Law” poster:
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.