We Are Hiring
Physician - Family Medicine Faculty- Full-Time, Day - Ascension Providence Rochester Hospital
Why Join Ascension?
In Michigan, Ascension operates 15 hospitals and hundreds of related healthcare facilities that together employ over 200,000 associates. Across the state, Ascension Michigan is working together to help bring patients more resources and better care. Ascension Michigan is also committed to its community; it provided over $272 million in community benefit and care of persons living in poverty in FY2018. Ascension Michigan is dedicated to spiritually centered, holistic care which sustains and improves the health of individuals and communities.
Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, especially to those most in need. In FY2018, Ascension provided nearly $2 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs.
What You Will Do
Ascension Medical Group is seeking a Family Medicine physician to join Ascension Providence Rochester Hospital as a faculty member. The Family Medicine program of Ascension Providence Rochester Hospital is a community teaching hospital in Rochester, affiliated with Wayne State University. Our mission is to train our residents and medical students to practice high-quality, compassionate, and comprehensive patient care while improving the health of Rochester, MI, the community we are privileged to serve. The ACGME accredited program trains 18 residents over a three-year cycle.
- Faculty will be engaged in providing quality education in a clinical environment, service diverse patients, including the medically underserved and low-income population.
- Call coverage shall be performed in accordance with the Family Medicine on-call schedule, which may include weeknight, weekend, and holiday call coverage.
- Provide clinical supervision, in conjunction with other faculty, for resident clinics, outpatient procedures, and in-patient settings including evaluation of residents and/or medical students in the hospitals.
- Maintain an independent practice without educational responsibilities for medical students and residents.
- Supervise residents and/or medical students who may be taken on electives and inpatient services.
- Faculty member will see their own panel of patients 1-2 full days per week
- Departmental leadership responsibilities, medical directorships, etc.
- Contributes to the departmental research objective on a continual basis.
- Faculty will aid in the planning and implementation of training and educational programs in or relating to their Program, which are under the aegis of Wayne State University School of Medicine, including clinics, out-patient services, office-based programs, other community services (health fairs, home visits, school physicals, etc.), and also assist in the evaluation of such programs.
- Assists with the annual curriculum for conferences and monitors resident and/or medical student presentations at the conferences, for both the clinic and member hospitals.
- Maintains access to all patients admitted to any of the services of the department; staffs resident teaching rounds; directs CME; and, aids in the identification and utilization of available community resources in the Training Program of the department.
- Lectures on relevant topics at routine conferences, Grand Rounds topics and other conferences as are educationally required for the residency program.
- Assist the program in the evaluation of residents at all phases of training including advising/mentoring residents as assigned.
- Participates in clerkship student conferences during each rotation.
- Participates in teaching medical students - 3rd year in the Family Medicine Center during their clerkship rotation and 4th year on inpatient service at Ascension Providence Rochester Hospital during their sub-I rotation – as scheduled.
- Participation in resident recruitment including assisting with interviews as scheduled.
What You Will Need
- Required Credential(s):
- Physician MD/DO with Prescriptive Authority credentialed from the Michigan Board of Medicine obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date. Verified by local Credentialing Office.
- Preferred Credential(s):
- Advanced Life Support credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA).
- Doctor of Medicine (MD) or Doctor of Osteopathy (DO)
- Graduate of an accredited Family Medicine Program
- Board Certified by the American Board of Family Medicine or the American Osteopathic Board of Family Physicians
- Strong interest or experience in academic medicine
Equal Employment Opportunity
Ascension Michigan is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all associates and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, height, weight, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, veteran status or any other legally protected status in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. The information requested on this application will not be used for any purpose prohibited by law. If you require assistance or an accommodation to complete this application, please let us know.
For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the “EEO is the Law” poster:
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Ascension Michigan provides reasonable accommodation so that qualified applicants with a disability may participate in the selection process. Please advise us of any accommodations you request in order to express interest in a position by e-mailing: email@example.com
. Please state your request for assistance in your message. Only reasonable accommodation requests related to applying for a specific position within Ascension Michigan will be reviewed at the e-mail address supplied.
Thank you for considering a career with Ascension Michigan.
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
Ascension Michigan participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
E-Verify (link to E-verify site)