We Are Hiring
We are hiring: Are you a Physician Assistant looking to improve or gain new skill-sets in Neuro-Surgery ?
If so, join our amazing team at Saint Agnes Hospital in Baltimore! #PhysicianAssistant #DreamJob
For more than 150 years, Saint Agnes Hospital, part of Ascension, has been dedicated to the art of healing by providing exceptional care to the greater Baltimore area. Built on a strong foundation of excellent medical care and compassion, Saint Agnes and the physicians who practice here are committed to providing the best care for our patients for many years to come.
What You Will Do
As an Associate with St. Agnes Healthcare-MD, you will have the opportunity to
Provides direct diagnostic, therapeutic, and preventive health care services under the supervision of a physician.
- Obtains patient history and performs assessment. Orders, performs and interprets diagnostic procedures.
- Provides and documents direct treatment and management of health conditions.
- Provides counseling and education of patients and their families/caregivers concerning preventative health, treatment options and community resources.
- Performs preventative health assessments, screening, immunizations and care.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Writes a brief holding note and admission orders in discussion with physician.
- Coordinates care with nursing staff
- Informs the private physician that the patient is in-house and communicates care plans with him/her, responding to urgent patient related problems and nursing staff concerns.
- Position is five eight hour shifts.
- Day shift
- Occasionally flexibility with the schedule is needed if operating room cases run long.
- No call routinely required
What You Will Need
- Required Credential(s):
- Certified BLS Provider specializing in Health Service Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date. Or military CPR-First Aid training.
- Licensed Physician Assistant credentialed from the Maryland Board of Physicians obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date. Approved Delegation Agreement by the Maryland state BPQA through Maryland Dept of Mental Health and Hygiene.
- Preferred Credential(s):
- Certified Physician Assistant credentialed from the National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants (NCCPA). As of September 2015
- Bachelor's Level Degree
- Required: Successful completion of an NCCPA Accredited PA Program Per Maryland Board of Physicians: Applicants who graduate from an accredited physician assistant educational program after October 1, 2003, must have a baccalaureate degree or the equivalent education to a baccalaureate degree Preferred: Bachelor of Science in Physician Assistant or related healthcare major
- Required: Hospital Based Training in Acute Care. Preferred: Two years in clinical practice or as a Physician’s Assistant in emergency department, intensive care unit, internal medicine, or hospitalist service. One year surgical and/or in-patient management and Surgical first-assist experience.