We Are Hiring
Physician - PSYCHIATRY - Full-Time- St. Francis - Milwaukee,WI
Why Join Ascension?
Ascension Wisconsin operates 24 hospital campuses and more than 100 related healthcare facilities from Racine to Eagle River. Ascension Wisconsin employs more than 1,300 primary and specialty care clinicians. Ascension Wisconsin is a faith-based healthcare organization that has been serving the state since 1848. In FY2018, Ascension Wisconsin provided more than $292 million in community benefit, including care of persons living in poverty.
Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, especially to those most in need. In FY2018, Ascension provided nearly $2 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs.
What You Will Do
As an Associate with Ascension WI, you will have
- One Board Certified Geriatric Psychiatrist
- Two Board Certified Psychiatrists
- One Nurse Practitioner
- Two RN’s in Clinic - supporting prescriber practices
- Interdisciplinary Team::
- Social Work
- Psychiatric RN’s and Aides
- AODA Counselors
- Must be BE/BC in Psychiatry
- Ability to build and grow outpatient practice quickly
- Flexible schedule with both inpatient and outpatient practice
- St. Francis Hospital - Inpatient and Outpatient Clinic
- Franklin Medical Office Building Outpatient Clinic
- Potential to consider 7/7 shifts
- Weekday 5x/month 5pm-8am (8am-5pm Physicians cover their own patients)
- Psych NPs help cover weekdays
- Weekend 1:4 (+ Psych NP)
- Internal Medicine coverage after 8pm
- Well established referral base from Primary Care providers
- Highly competitive compensation package
- Excellent benefits, including a great retirement plan
- Franklin Medical Office Building
- Large corner office shared with Psychologist
- St. Francis Outpatient Clinic
- New construction & beautifully designed space of 9,000sq ft. attached to the Hospital
- Private Physician Offices
- St. Francis Hospital- Inpatient Unit
- 26 Bed Inpatient Unit, including seclusion Room
EXPANSION AND GROWTH
- Adding a 24 seat Partial Hospitalization Program
- Expanding Intensive Outpatient Program
- Expanding integrated behavioral health clinics in primary care settings
- Recruiting additional Psychotherapists and Advanced Practice Providers
What You Will Need Licenses/Certifications/Registration:
- Required Credential(s):
- One or more of the following:
- Physician MD/DO credentialed from the Minnesota Board of Medical Practice obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date. Licensure is dependent on state associate works in.
- Physician MD/DO credentialed from the Wisconsin Medical Examining Board obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date. Licensure is dependent on state associate works in.
- Preferred Credential(s):
- Advanced Life Support credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA).
- Doctor of Medicine (MD) or Doctor of Osteopathy (DO) or Doctor of Dental Surgery (DDS) or Doctor of Dental Medicine (DMD) or Doctor of Optometry (OD) or Doctor of Podiatric Medicine (DPM) required
Equal Employment Opportunity
Ascension Wisconsin is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against employees or prospective employees on basis of age, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, sexual orientation, disability, arrest and/or conviction record, military status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic or status protected by law.
For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the “EEO is the Law” poster:
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement