We Are Hiring
Physician, Hospitalist - Ascension Medical Group - Full-Time - Ascension St Michaels Hospital - Stevens Point,WI
Why Join Ascension?
Ascension Wisconsin operates 24 hospital campuses and more than 100 related healthcare facilities from Racine to Eagle River. Ascension Wisconsin employs more than 1,300 primary and specialty care clinicians. Ascension Wisconsin is a faith-based healthcare organization that has been serving the state since 1848. In FY2018, Ascension Wisconsin provided more than $292 million in community benefit, including care of persons living in poverty.
Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, especially to those most in need. In FY2018, Ascension provided nearly $2 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs.
What You Will Do
Ascension Wisconsin is actively seeking a BC/BE Internal Medicine physician to join our Hospitalist team at Saint Michael's Hospital in Stevens Point, WI. You will join an experienced team comprised of 11 other physicians at a fully accredited acute care facility offering a comprehensive range of services to residents of Central Wisconsin.
- Full Time
- 7 on/7 off, week starts on Saturday
- 4 weeks of days; 1 week of nights (or approx 5-6 weeks of nights annually)
- Adult inpatient /ICU/CCU
- Saint Michael's Hospital is a 94 bed Acute Care Hospital serving Central Wisconsin and surrounding communities
- Average patient census: 8-12 pts per day
- Occasional ED consults
- You can perform any procedures you are interested and trained to do, however, procedures are not required
- Located in a vibrant university community that offers an exceptional quality of life
What You Will Need
- Required Credential(s):
- Physician MD/DO credentialed from the Wisconsin Medical Examining Board obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date. Licensure is dependent on state associate works in. Verified by local Credentialing Office.
- Current board certification required. Board eligibility accepted if within 2 years of residency completion.
- Preferred Credential(s):
- Advanced Life Support credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA). Verified by local Credentialing Office.
- Doctor of Medicine (MD) or Doctor of Osteopathy (DO) required
Equal Employment Opportunity
Ministry Health Care, and its subsidiaries, as part of Ascension Health, is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against employees or prospective employees on basis of age, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, sexual orientation, disability, arrest and/or conviction record, military status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic or status protected by law.
For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the “EEO is the Law” poster:
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement