We Are Hiring
Nurse Practitioner, Psychiatric - Ascension Medical Group - Full-Time - Ascension Genesys - Grand Blanc, MI
Why Join Ascension?
In Michigan, Ascension operates 15 hospitals and hundreds of related healthcare facilities that together employ over 200,000 associates. Across the state, Ascension Michigan is working together to help bring patients more resources and better care. Ascension Michigan is also committed to its community; it provided over $272 million in community benefit and care of persons living in poverty in FY2018. Ascension Michigan is dedicated to spiritually centered, holistic care which sustains and improves the health of individuals and communities.
Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, especially to those most in need. In FY2018, Ascension provided nearly $2 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs.
What You Will Do
As a Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner with Ascension Medical Group, you will have the opportunity to work in collaboration with a physician and provide for the expansion of individualized healthcare services by diagnosing and treating certain acute or chronic mental health conditions.
- Obtains patient history and performs assessment via observation, interview and examination. Orders, performs and interprets diagnostic studies.
- Provides direct treatment and management of mental health conditions via prescriptive authority or referral to other healthcare providers or community resources.
- Counsels and educates patients and their families/caregivers concerning mental health, treatment options and community resources.
- Documents delivery of mental health care and nursing processes in accordance with specific specialty area standards.
What You Will Need
- Required Credential(s):
- Licensed Advanced Practice Nurse Practitioner specializing in Behavioral Health credentialed from the Michigan Board of Nursing .
- Licensed Registered Nurse credentialed from the Michigan Board of Nursing .
- Requires successful completion of an accredited Nurse Practitioner program
- Requires 2 to 3 years of relevant clinical experiences in a combination of inpatient and outpatient health settings.
- Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner Certifcation
Equal Employment Opportunity
Genesys Health System will provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all associates and applicants for employment regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identification or expression, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, genetic information, carrier status or any other legally protected status or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.