We Are Hiring
Physician Assistant/Nurse Practitioner - Cardiothoracic Surgery - Full-Time - Ascension St Mary's - Saginaw, MI
Why Join Ascension?
Based in Saginaw, St. Mary’s of Michigan is a regional health system offering high quality care in cardiovascular, neurosciences, orthopedics, emergency and trauma, cancer, bariatrics, imaging diagnostics, and primary care. A part of Ascension since 1999, we offer 268 beds and over 20 specialty centers to provide access and care for people from over 70 counties.
What You Will Do
As a Physician Assistant/Nurse Practitioner with Ascension St. Mary's, you will have the opportunity to provide direct diagnostic, therapeutic, and preventive health care services under the supervision of a physician.
- Vein harvesting
- Obtains patient history and performs assessment. Orders, performs and interprets diagnostic procedures.
- Provides and documents direct treatment and management of health conditions.
- Provides counseling and education of patients and their families/caregivers concerning preventative health, treatment options and community resources.
- Performs preventative health assessments, screening, immunizations and care.
- Customer Service: Consistently exhibit value based behavior. Protect the dignity, privacy and confidence of patients, co-workers and guests.
- High Reliability: Adopt behaviors and techniques to prevent, detect and correct errors to eliminate harm to patients.
What You Will Need
- Required Credential(s):
- Certified BLS Provider specializing in Cardiac obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Licensed Physician Assistant obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
Education & Experience:
- Master's degree required Graduate of an accredited Physician Assistant program required.
- 2 (two) years experience as a clinical practitioner performing advanced diagnostic and therapeutic tasks related to direct patient care at an approved site through an approved clinical education program preferred.
Equal Employment Opportunity
SMOM/SJHS provide Equal Employment Opportunities (EEO) to all associates and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, any other legally protected status or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. SMOM/SJHS complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
St. Mary's of Michigan participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
E-Verify (link to E-verify site)