We Are Hiring
Physician Advisor - Case Management
Shift: Full Time, Day 8:00a-5:00p
Weekends on Rotation
Chevy Chase Bldg - Austin,TX
Strongly Preferred: 5 years of medical practice in a specialty, preferable Internal Medicine
1-2 years of Physician Advisor experience
Hospital Experience preferred
Why Join Ascension?
Benefits / Rewards / Career Development
- Wellbeing Programs: Transforming healthcare starts with taking care of our associates. We know our associates are busy and on the go. We provide our team resources and tools to help them proactively manage their physical, spiritual, and emotional wellbeing.
- Professional Development: By supporting our associates and their professional development, we ultimately enhance the care and services we provide to the community. Through this development, our associates find new opportunities for career advancement.
- Compensation/Benefits: At Ascension, we provide a competitive compensation package inclusive of a wide range of flexible benefit options. We support work-life balance through generous paid time off and encourage spirituality in the workplace.
- Compensation/Benefits: At Ascension, we care for the people who are the foundation of our work to fulfill our mission: our associates. We offer a comprehensive benefit package inclusive of medical, dental, vision, retirement, and generous PTO. Associates can also take advantage of other great benefits like tuition reimbursement or adoption assistance.
- Leadership Development: We know that the development of our associates is key to our mission of providing the best care possible to those we serve. We have various in-depth leadership programs to meet you where you are on your career journey.
- Holistic Growth Opportunities: We realize growth is more than professional development at Ascension. Associates desire personal and spiritual development as well. That’s why our development programs focus on the whole self – body, mind and spirit.
- Strength in our People: At Ascension, we believe our people are our strength and we invest in them. In addition to the chance to have a positive impact on the people and communities we serve, associates benefit from significant professional opportunities, career advancement, training and competitive wages. We also support work-life balance and spirituality in the workplace.
- Relational Environment: Ascension provides a community of colleagues who listen with openness to their own experiences and to the experiences of others. Working together and sharing experiences builds dedication to each other and our mission.
- Culture of Teamwork: We encourage diversity of talent and thought; while offering the support of a multidisciplinary team. We work to build teams that respect each other. A team that respects each other feels good. We are on a mission to help people feel good, patients and associates.
- Environment of Quality: At Ascension, we continually focus on quality measures that impact patient outcomes. As part of an integrated system, our hospitals are designed to treat patients in the care setting most appropriate to their condition.
- Culture of Service: We provide opportunities for Ascension associates to serve in their local communities through our community impact and Medical Missions at Home programs. Just last year, Ascension provided over 1.8 billion dollars in free healthcare to the poor and vulnerable through these initiatives.
- Culture of Creativity: Associates at Ascension are encouraged to courageously innovate. Working together and thinking outside of the box - that’s how we are transforming healthcare.
- A Place of Reverence: Working at Ascension is more than a job – it’s a ministry. Our ministry offers a place where we have deep respect and compassion for the dignity of all, and it starts with our associates.
- Culture of Advocacy: Ascension is a place that advocates for a compassionate and just society in everything we do. Our associates are encouraged to reflect this through word and deed.
- Appreciation for Diversity: At Ascension, we recognize that our workforce should reflect the diversity of those we serve. We offer a place of respect and inclusion for all associates. Respect and inclusion feels good. We are on a mission to help people feel good, patients and associates.
What You Will Do
As an Associate with Seton Family of Hospitals-TX, you will have the opportunity to provide medical direction in the care management, clinical documentation improvement, coding, quality and/or compliance process.
- Reviews medical records of identified patients to assist with the level of care and length of stay determination.
- Assists and manages the denial management process. Reviews and offers suggestions related to resources and service management.
- Provides education to physicians and other clinicians on regulatory requirements, appropriate utilization of alternate levels of care, community resources and end of life care.
- Develops strategy and processes to reduce denials and audits. Assists with appeals.
- Utilizes hospital data sources to identify & analyze patterns of over or under-utilization of services, quality metrics and makes recommendations towards achievement of those goals.
What You Will Need
- Required Credential(s):
- Physician MD/DO credentialed from the Texas Medical Board obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Doctor of Medicine (MD) or Doctor of Osteopathy (DO) or Doctor of Dental Surgery (DDS) or Doctor of Dental Medicine (DMD) or Doctor of Optometry (OD) or Doctor of Podiatric Medicine (DPM) required
Equal Employment Opportunity
Seton Healthcare Family is an equal employment opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and complies with all applicable federal, state and local equal employment regulations and laws. It is the policy of the Seton Healthcare Family to afford equal employment opportunities to all employees and prospective employees without regard to their race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, citizenship status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic or status that is protected by federal, state, or local laws. This policy applies to all personnel actions, such as hiring, promotion, transfer, demotion, termination, layoff and all other conditions and privileges of employment in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.
Affirmative Action goes beyond the concept of equal employment opportunity. Affirmative Action policies and programs are required to overcome the present effects of past discrimination and to achieve equal employment opportunity for members of groups that are or have been formerly under-represented. Affirmative Action policies and programs are tools whereby additional efforts are made to recruit, employ and promote qualified members of formerly excluded groups, even if that exclusion cannot be traced to particular discriminatory actions. Through specific and result-oriented activities, Seton Healthcare Family’s goals are to ensure that every person is given full consideration through equal employment opportunity policies and practices and to achieve a representative workforce through its affirmative action efforts.
It is further the policy of the Seton Healthcare Family to encourage vendors, contractors, affiliate institutions and others doing business with the Seton Healthcare Family to observe the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action.
Seton Healthcare Family is an EEO/AA employer: M/F/Disabled/Vet.
For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the “EEO is the Law” poster:
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.