We Are Hiring
Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner- Ascension Eastwood Clinic - PRN, Day Shift- Clinton Township, MI
Why Join Ascension?
Ascension Michigan is a member of Ascension Health, the largest not-for-profit Catholic Health system in the United States.
Our Mission, Vision and Values: Ascension Michigan, as a Catholic health ministry, is committed to providing spiritually centered, holistic care which sustains and improves the health of individuals in the communities we serve, with special attention to the poor and vulnerable.
Our Values: We are called to: Service of the Poor, Reverence, Integrity, Wisdom, Creativity and Dedication
Our Vision: Our passion for healing calls us to cultivate trust, advocate wellness, and transform healthcare.
What You Will Do
Ascension Eastwood Clinics is seeking a PRN Nurse Practitioner certified in psychiatry to provide both child/adolescent or adult services in an outpatient setting. Ascension Eastwood Clinics provides outpatient behavioral health services throughout the community. The nurse practitioner will work collaboratively with a board-certified psychiatrist who is also the medical director and a physician assistant with 11 years' experience working in psychiatry.
- Outpatient responsibilities only
- Child/Adolescent or Adult Services
- Visits include psychiatric evaluations and treatment
- Monday-Friday: 9am-9pm
- Saturday: By Appointment
- Schedule: PRN
What You Will Need
- Required Credential(s):
- State of Michigan Board of Nursing Nurse Practitioner License required. Licensure/certification monitored by health ministry Central Credentialing Office.
- Once hired, credentialed by Corporate Medical Staff Services as an Allied Health Professional required. Licensure/certification monitored by health ministry Central Credentialing Office.
- DEA registration required, as appropriate by role. Licensure/certification monitored by health ministry Central Credentialing Office.
- Current Registered Nurse (RN) licensure with the State of Michigan required. Licensure/certification monitored by health ministry Central Credentialing Office.
- One or more of the following:
- Basic Life Support Provider certification from the American Heart Association (AHA) required. American Red Cross (ARC) CPR for Professional Rescuers card will be accepted upon hire but renewal must be a BLS Provider card from AHA. Licensure/certification monitored by health ministry Central Credentialing Office.
- Preferred Credential(s):
- Certification specializing in Advanced Cardio Life Support. Licensure/certification monitored by health ministry Central Credentialing Office.
- 1 year of previous RN experience in area of specialty preferred.
- Nurse Practitioner Certification in Psychiatry
- Prefer experience in mental health as an RN
Equal Employment Opportunity
Ascension Michigan is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all associates and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, height, weight, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, veteran status or any other legally protected status in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. The information requested on this application will not be used for any purpose prohibited by law. If you require assistance or an accommodation to complete this application, please let us know.
For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the “EEO is the Law” poster:
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Ascension Michigan provides reasonable accommodation so that qualified applicants with a disability may participate in the selection process. Please advise us of any accommodations you request in order to express interest in a position by e-mailing: firstname.lastname@example.org
. Please state your request for assistance in your message. Only reasonable accommodation requests related to applying for a specific position within Ascension Michigan will be reviewed at the e-mail address supplied.
Thank you for considering a career with Ascension Michigan.
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
Ascension Michigan participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
E-Verify (link to E-verify site)