We Are Hiring
Trauma Nurse Practitioner-Specialty - Full-Time, Rotating Schedule in Novi, MI
Why Join Ascension?
Ascension Michigan is a member of Ascension Health, the largest not-for-profit Catholic Health system in the United States.
Our Mission, Vision and Values: Ascension Michigan, as a Catholic health ministry, is committed to providing spiritually centered, holistic care which sustains and improves the health of individuals in the communities we serve, with special attention to the poor and vulnerable.
Our Values: We are called to: Service of the Poor, Reverence, Integrity, Wisdom, Creativity and Dedication
Our Vision: Our passion for healing calls us to cultivate trust, advocate wellness, and transform healthcare.
What You Will Do
Verified Level II Trauma Center
Schedule: Rotating Schedule, 6:00am-6:00pm / 6:00pm-6:00am
**Sign on Bonus Available**
As an Associate with St. John Health-MI, you will have the opportunity to
In collaboration with a physician, provides for the expansion of individualized primary healthcare services by diagnosing and treating certain acute or chronic health conditions.
- Obtains patient history and performs assessment via observation, interview and examination. Orders, performs and interprets diagnostic studies. Performs preventative health assessments, screening, immunizations and patient care.
- Provides direct treatment and management of health conditions via prescriptive authority or referral to other healthcare providers or community resources.
- Counsels and educates patients and their families/caregivers concerning preventative health, treatment options and community resources.
- Documents delivery of health care and nursing processes in accordance with specific specialty area standards and network nursing policy.
- Demonstrates the knowledge and skill necessary to provide appropriate care to the patient population in the area of assigned responsibility.
- Responds to emergencies and to changes in condition of assigned patients.
- Collaborates with Physician and other caregivers of multidisciplinary team. Assumes joint responsibility with the medical staff to ensure that orders and plan of care, as they relate to the patient care, are appropriately carried out.
- Collaborates with Quality Assessment and Improvement to establish criteria and guidelines for auditing practice in area of specialty.
What You Will Need
- Required Credential(s):
- State of Michigan Board of Nursing Nurse Practitioner License required. Licensure/certification monitored by health ministry Central Credentialing Office.
- Once hired, credentialed by Corporate Medical Staff Services as an Allied Health Professional required. Licensure/certification monitored by health ministry Central Credentialing Office.
- DEA registration required, as appropriate by role. Licensure/certification monitored by health ministry Central Credentialing Office.
- Current Registered Nurse (RN) licensure with the State of Michigan required. Licensure/certification monitored by health ministry Central Credentialing Office.
- One or more of the following:
- Basic Life Support Provider certification from the American Heart Association (AHA) required. American Red Cross (ARC) CPR for Professional Rescuers card will be accepted upon hire but renewal must be a BLS Provider card from AHA. Licensure/certification monitored by health ministry Central Credentialing Office.
- Preferred Credential(s):
- Certification specializing in Advanced Cardio Life Support. Licensure/certification monitored by health ministry Central Credentialing Office.
- 1 year of previous RN experience in area of specialty preferred.
- 3 years experience in trauma, ED, or ICU
- Able to see all ages
Equal Employment Opportunity
Ascension Michigan is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all associates and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, height, weight, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, veteran status or any other legally protected status in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. The information requested on this application will not be used for any purpose prohibited by law. If you require assistance or an accommodation to complete this application, please let us know.
For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the “EEO is the Law” poster:
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Ascension Michigan provides reasonable accommodation so that qualified applicants with a disability may participate in the selection process. Please advise us of any accommodations you request in order to express interest in a position by e-mailing: firstname.lastname@example.org
. Please state your request for assistance in your message. Only reasonable accommodation requests related to applying for a specific position within Ascension Michigan will be reviewed at the e-mail address supplied.
Thank you for considering a career with Ascension Michigan.
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
Ascension Michigan participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
E-Verify (link to E-verify site)