We Are Hiring
Physician Assistant - Orthopedics - Full-Time - Novi, MI
Why Join Ascension?
Ascension Michigan is a member of Ascension Health, the largest not-for-profit Catholic Health system in the United States.
Our Mission, Vision and Values: Ascension Michigan, as a Catholic health ministry, is committed to providing spiritually centered, holistic care which sustains and improves the health of individuals in the communities we serve, with special attention to the poor and vulnerable.
Our Values: We are called to: Service of the Poor, Reverence, Integrity, Wisdom, Creativity and Dedication
Our Vision: Our passion for healing calls us to cultivate trust, advocate wellness, and transform healthcare.
What You Will Do
Ascension Medical Group is seeking a Physician Assistant for orthopedic services in an outpatient clinic. Locations in Novi, Howell, and Dearborn.
- First-assist in surgery 2 times per week
- On call once a week
- Clinic: 8am-5pm
- Obtains patient history and performs assessment. Orders, performs and interprets diagnostic procedures.
- Provides and documents direct treatment and management of health conditions.
- Provides counseling and education of patients and their families/caregivers concerning preventative health, treatment options and community resources.
- Performs preventative health assessments, screening, immunizations and care.
- Improve patient safety in the delivery of health care by understanding and applying the patient safety goal for SJH/Ascension of no preventable deaths or injuries.
- Responds to emergencies and to changes in condition of assigned patients.
- Collaborates with Physician and other caregivers of multidisciplinary team. Assumes joint responsibility with the medical staff to ensure that orders and plan of care, as they relate to the patient care, are appropriately carried out.
- Collaborates with Quality Assessment and Improvement to establish criteria and guidelines for auditing practice in area of specialty.
What You Will Need
- Required Credential(s):
- Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS) certification required. Licensure/certification monitored by health ministry Central Credentialing Office.
- Current Michigan License as a Physician Assistant (PA) required. Board certification through the National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants. Licensure/certification monitored by health ministry Central Credentialing Office.
- Once hired, successful completion of SJPHS credentialing process required. Licensure/certification monitored by health ministry Central Credentialing Office.
- DEA Registration required as appropriate by role. Licensure/certification monitored by health ministry Central Credentialing Office.
- One or more of the following:
- Basic Life Support Provider certification from the American Heart Association (AHA) required. American Red Cross (ARC) CPR for Professional Rescuers card will be accepted upon hire but renewal must be a BLS Provider card from AHA. Licensure/certification monitored by health ministry Central Credentialing Office.
- Bachelor’s Degree required. Graduate of an accredited Physician Assistant program required.
- 1 year of PA experience preferred
- 1 year of Orthopedic PA experience
- Prefer first-assist experience
Equal Employment Opportunity
Ascension Michigan is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all associates and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, height, weight, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, veteran status or any other legally protected status in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. The information requested on this application will not be used for any purpose prohibited by law. If you require assistance or an accommodation to complete this application, please let us know.
For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the “EEO is the Law” poster:
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Ascension Michigan provides reasonable accommodation so that qualified applicants with a disability may participate in the selection process. Please advise us of any accommodations you request in order to express interest in a position by e-mailing: firstname.lastname@example.org
. Please state your request for assistance in your message. Only reasonable accommodation requests related to applying for a specific position within Ascension Michigan will be reviewed at the e-mail address supplied.
Thank you for considering a career with Ascension Michigan.
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
Ascension Michigan participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
E-Verify (link to E-verify site)