We Are Hiring
Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant - Emergency Medicine - Ascension St Marys - Full-Time - Rhinelander,WI
Why Join Ascension?
Ascension Wisconsin serves millions of people across the state with 23 hospitals and hundreds of sites of care. Approximately 23,500 associates, including nearly 1,000 medical group clinicians work collaboratively to deliver compassionate, personalized care every day. Ascension Wisconsin includes hospitals, clinics and doctors’ offices from Affinity Health System, Columbia St. Mary’s, Ministry Health Care, and Wheaton Franciscan Healthcare. As part of Ascension, the largest non-profit health system in the U.S. and the world’s largest Catholic health system, in fiscal year 2015, Ascension Wisconsin provided $300 million in community benefit including care of persons living in poverty. We provide compassionate, personalized care for all, including those who are struggling. And we’re improving collaboration across healthcare in Wisconsin. We’re looking for talented associates to join us as we continue advancing healthcare across Wisconsin.
What You Will Do
In collaboration with a physician, provides for the expansion of individualized primary healthcare services by diagnosing and treating certain acute or chronic health conditions.
- Saint Mary's Hospital - Trauma Level III
- Annual Patient Volume 20,000
- 12 -12hr shifts per month *Request schedule Shift times: 8a-8p, 9a-9p, 10a-10p, 11a-11p
- Must have ED experience, along with suturing and splinting skills.
- Obtains patient history and performs assessment via observation, interview and examination. Orders, performs and interprets diagnostic studies.
- Provides direct treatment of health conditions via prescriptive authority or referral to other healthcare providers or community resources.
- Counsels and educates patients and their families/caregivers concerning treatment options and community resources.
- Documents delivery of health care and nursing processes in accordance with specific specialty area standards and network nursing policy.
- May assist physician with medical or surgical procedures.
- Located in the beautiful Northwoods of Wisconsin
What You Will Need
- Required Credential(s):
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained within 2 Months (60 days) of hire date or job transfer date.
- Nurse Practitioner credentialed from the Wisconsin Board of Nursing obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date. Licensure is dependent on state associate works in.
- Registered Nurse credentialed from the Wisconsin Board of Nursing obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date. Licensure from the Wisconsin Board of Nursing OR current home state license if considered multi-state/Compact State. Licensure is dependent on state associate works in.
- Drug Enforcement Admin credentialed from the Drug Enforcement Administration.
- graduate of an accredited school of graduate nursing in advanced practice or graduate of an accredited physician assistant program
- 1 year of related experience required
Equal Employment Opportunity
Ministry Health Care, and its subsidiaries, as part of Ascension Health, is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against employees or prospective employees on basis of age, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, sexual orientation, disability, arrest and/or conviction record, military status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic or status protected by law.
For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the “EEO is the Law” poster:
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement