We Are Hiring
Nurse Practitioner - Psychiatry - Oak Behavioral Health - M-F/8-5 - Mercy Medical Center - Oshkosh, WI
Why Join Ascension?
Ascension Wisconsin serves millions of people across the state with 24 hospitals and hundreds of sites of care. Approximately 23,500 associates, including nearly 1,000 medical group clinicians work collaboratively to deliver compassionate, personalized care every day. Ascension Wisconsin includes hospitals, clinics and doctors’ offices from Affinity Health System, Columbia St. Mary’s, Ministry Health Care, and Wheaton Franciscan Healthcare. As part of Ascension, the largest non-profit health system in the U.S. and the world’s largest Catholic health system, in fiscal year 2015, Ascension Wisconsin provided $300 million in community benefit including care of persons living in poverty. We provide compassionate, personalized care for all, including those who are struggling. And we’re improving collaboration across healthcare in Wisconsin. We’re looking for talented associates to join us as we continue advancing healthcare across Wisconsin.
What You Will Do
As a Nurse Practitioner with Mercy Medical Center, you will join a growing multidisciplinary practice made up of Psychiatrists, Psychologists and other Certified Behavioral Health Nurse Practitioners treating a variety of ages. This practice has an established Adult Inpatient Unit, the only Geriatric Psychiatry Unit in Fox Valley and a Monday-Friday 8-5 schedule with no call.
- Obtain patient history and perform assessment via observation, interview and examination. Order, perform and interpret diagnostic studies. Perform preventative mental health assessments, screening and patient care.
- Provide direct treatment and management of mental health conditions via prescriptive authority or referral to other healthcare providers or community resources.
- Counsel and educate patients and their families/caregivers concerning preventative health, treatment options and community resources.
What You Will Need
- Required Credential(s):
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained within 2 Months (60 days) of hire date or job transfer date.
- One or more of the following:
- Nurse Practitioner credentialed from the Minnesota or Wisconsin Board of Nursing obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date. Licensure is dependent on state associate works in.
- Registered Nurse credentialed from the Minnesota or Wisconsin Board of Nursing obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date. Licensure from the Wisconsin Board of Nursing OR current home state license if considered multi-state/Compact State. Licensure is dependent on state associate works in.
- Preferred Credential(s):
- Drug Enforcement Admin credentialed from the Drug Enforcement Administration.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Ministry Health Care, and its subsidiaries, as part of Ascension Health, is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against employees or prospective employees on basis of age, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, sexual orientation, disability, arrest and/or conviction record, military status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic or status protected by law.
For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the “EEO is the Law” poster:
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement