We Are Hiring
Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant - Cardiology Heart Failure Clinic - Full-Time - Water Tower Medical Commons - Milwaukee,WI
Why Join Ascension?
In Wisconsin, Ascension operates 24 hospitals and hundreds of related healthcare facilities that together employ more than 23,500 associates. Across the state, Ascension provided more than $230 million in community benefit and care of persons living in poverty in fiscal year 2016. Serving Wisconsin for 169 years, Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, with special attention to persons living in poverty and those most vulnerable. Ascension is the largest non-profit health system in the U.S. and the world’s largest Catholic health system, operating 2,500 sites of care – including 141 hospitals and more than 30 senior living facilities – in 24 states and the District of Columbia. Visit www.ascension.org/wisconsin. We’re looking for talented associates to join us as we continue advancing healthcare across Wisconsin.
What You Will Do
As an Associate with Ascension-WI, you will have the opportunity to
In collaboration with a physician, provides for the expansion of individualized primary healthcare services by diagnosing and treating certain acute or chronic health conditions.
- Obtains patient history and performs assessment via observation, interview and examination. Orders, performs and interprets diagnostic studies. Performs preventative health assessments, screening, immunizations and patient care.
- Provides direct treatment and management of health conditions via prescriptive authority or referral to other healthcare providers or community resources.
- Counsels and educates patients and their families/caregivers concerning preventative health, treatment options and community resources.
- Documents delivery of health care and nursing processes in accordance with specific specialty area standards and network nursing policy.
- Diagnoses and treats medically complex problems specific to the specialty or subspecialty.
- Serves as a formal and informal resource to first line providers, ancillary personnel and the community regarding initial management decisions. Facilitates appropriate referrals based on specialty practice guidelines.
- Provides hospital call and rounding responsibilities.
What You Will Need Licenses/Certifications/Registration:
- Required Credential(s):
- Advanced Life Support credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained within 12 Months (1 year) of hire date or job transfer date. This certification is only required for Cardiac Rehab, ICU/Intermediate Care, Med Surg 6E & 3S, Endoscopy/GI Units, Surgery, Surg Ambulatory, Recovery, Perioperative Care, Emergency, Testing & Treatment, Interventional Radiology.
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Registered Drug Enforcement Admin with Prescriptive Authority obtained within 3 Months (90 days) of hire date or job transfer date.
- National Provider ID obtained within 3 Months (90 days) of hire date or job transfer date.
- Nurse Practitioner obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Licensed Registered Nurse credentialed from the Wisconsin Board of Nursing or current home state license for multi-state license recognition "Compact State" obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Master's Level Degree
- Master Degree of Nursing with focus on preparation for Nurse Practitioner role required; Completion of state-approved advanced practice training/core course program required
- Minimum five years clinical nursing experience or equivalent required.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Ascension Wisconsin is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against employees or prospective employees on basis of age, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, sexual orientation, disability, arrest and/or conviction record, military status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic or status protected by law.
For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the “EEO is the Law” poster:
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement